Animal Control

Go here for Dog and Cat Licensing.

Montgomery Township's contracted Animal Control Professionals are Animal Control Solutions. View their website or call 908-722-1271.

If you are unable to reach the above number for an urgent matter, call the Montgomery Police Non-Emergency number at (908) 359-3222

Emergency Calls

  • Animal bite or possible rabies exposure
  • Attacking or threatening animals
  • Sick or injured animals in the roadway or on private property
  • Animal cruelty occurring at the time of the call
  • Any domestic animal at large (except cats) if the animal is at large at the time of the call and the caller is not familiar with the owner or cannot contact the animal’s owner

Non-emergency Calls

  • Curbside dead animal removal (such as deer) Report a Concern Form
  • Lost or impounded animals
  • General animal nuisances (barking, etc.)
  • Other animal-related questions

Interacting with Wildlife

Cornell Wildlife Health Lab

Wildlife with Mange:

There have been recent sightings of wildlife with Mange, Animal Control Solutions is aware of this. In the meantime, if you see it, please keep yourselves, families, and pets away from the area. 

What to Do/Who to Contact:

If an infected animal is observed acting sickly contact the DEP Hotline (877-WARN-DEP). 

If you have come into contact with a wild animal that has mange, please contact your local healthcare provider. 

If you suspect your pet has come in contact with mange, please contact your veterinarian. 

If you suspect your pet has come into contact with a deer with Dermatophilosis contact your veterinarian. 

If you or a family member is suspected of coming into contact with the bacterium, please contact your healthcare provider.

Fawn by

What to do if you see a lone fawn?

"I'm not orphaned. My mom just went out for a bite to eat."

It's natural for a doe to leave her baby while she forages for food, often for many hours at a time. 

A lone fawn is usually not an orphaned fawn. 

Leave the baby alone so that mom can safely return. If the fawn is visibly injured, starving, or poorly responsive, contact your local wildlife rehabilitation organization.

Getting to see wildlife can be one of the most enjoyable parts of living in a semi-rural/suburban area like Montgomery. If you encounter a baby animal, 98% of the time the best thing you can possibly do is to leave it alone. Typically, the mother is not far away and will return after you leave. Deer, for example, often ‘hide’ their ‘camouflaged’ newborns from predators right in the middle of an open field or yard area, while the mother goes off to graze nearby and returns later. If you approach a baby deer, fox, raccoon, opossum, etc., it may run to where the mother will not find it or towards a dangerous road or, in fear, may even act aggressively towards you.

If you find an injured animal or one that is acting ill or acting strangely, it is safest to leave it alone and call Animal Control at (908) 722-1271 or Police dispatch (908-359-3222). Animal Control will be able to assess the situation best and follow up appropriately.

To learn more about living alongside New Jersey’s wildlife, visit Common Wildlife Problems, an FAQ with advice from Rutgers Agricultural Extension Service’s Wildlife Conservation and Management Program.

Deer Hunting Question?

Pet Emergency Preparedness

In an emergency, you need to plan for your pet like any other member of your family. Check these links for pet preparedness:

Community Center

Otto Kaufman
356 Skillman Road
Skillman, NJ 08558
(609) 466-3023

Main Offices


Emergency: Dial 911
Non-Emergency: (908) 359-3222